Sunday, August 18, 2013

10 MiLeS!!

I ran 10.27 miles on August 14th!! It was such an awesome run, took me a little while to get in my groove, but once I did it was awesome!! I had an average pace of 10:48/mile, which I thought was pretty awesome for that distance!


Splits

NAME
PACE
CLIMB
1 mi
10:23
-28
2 mi
10:31
0
3 mi
10:43
4
4 mi
10:48
1
5 mi
10:57
17
6 mi
11:05
7
7 mi
11:15
7
8 mi
10:42
-2
9 mi
10:48
-22
10 mi
10:55
10
11 mi
10:29
7






















I plan on taking my running a little slow for the next week and a half because my goal is to run a 1/2 marathon on my 30th birthday, which is August 29th!! I am really looking forward to the run and I have it all mapped out already! I cannot wait.

I've been doing really well with my RunStreak, hit 40 days yesterday!! I attempted to run this morning to get a mile in but my shin/calf have really been bugging me lately and my running just doesn't feel right, plus it hurt to run on it this morning. Thinking I need to take at least one rest day which is kind of a bummer since I was at 40 days straight of running, but better to take a little break then to hurt myself any worse. I hoping this is only a slight setback and my legs starts feeling better soon.
Ever since my leg started bothering me my running just has not felt right and kind of sluggish even though my pace has been really good. I just can't seem to get in a groove and I feel like I'm focusing too much on my strides than on actually running, almost like I'm trying to hard to lift my legs off the ground. It could not only be associated with my shin/calf but also the fact that I have been running a lot lately (for me at least), and my legs are just exhausted. Need to get my leg feeling better and my running back to normal so I can do my 1/2 marathon in a week and a half!!!!




Update - Tim got home from work and talked me into continuing my streak - he suggested that I just do an easy mile on the "dreadmill." I decided too because really, I didn't want to end my streak, so I went with what felt comfortable and didn't bother my leg....too much! I did a mile in 9:43, faster than I wanted to do it but I actually felt like my strides were better than they have been the last few days out on the road. I kept increasing the pace as I was running, the leg was bothering me some with each step that I took but it wasn't too bad. I guess the next few days I'll stick with just doing a mile on the treadmill and see how that goes....



No comments:

Post a Comment