Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Well it has been hotter than h*ll here lately, makes it hard to get out and do anything. I made an attempt at walking outside a few days ago, but my ankles were still too sore for that. I was averaging about 33 minutes per mile and only walked about a half mile. 

Since yesterday my ankles have been feeling better which makes me extremely happy! Hoping that things are looking up from here on out. I'm still hoping to run my first 5K next Thursday, July 4th. I've got a week to finish healing and if I'm not in any pain and am able to at least walk a 5K and run some then I will be making an attempt at the race. 

I decided to return my Asics Noosa Tri 7's in for a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 14. I tried on a pair at a local store and instantly feel in love with them, even more than I was with my Noosas! I got my new shoes today and so far they are great. I'm hoping to get out either tomorrow morning or Friday morning for a nice long walk to work my ankles some more and see how I do. Since my ankles have been bothering me so much I've been getting on my stationary bike and getting my sweat on that way. =)

And on that note...I'll leave you with a little motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment