Friday, July 5, 2013

DMB Freedom Run - July 4th 2013

So prior to the race we drove the route so we knew exactly where we would be running and to see what type of "hills" we would be running as well...because in Nebraska there isn't much for hills!

Was a little nervous after seeing the route but that wasn't going to stop us from running the race!

There were a lot of people at the race with the majority of them running the 5K. My Dad and Uncle Paul were running the 10K. We started out towards the middle of the group and had a really good starting pace for the race. We were actually able to keep just about the same pace for the entire run which is really good for me, especially! I tend to have a bad mile 2 when I'm running, but it really helps to run with a lot of other people, keeps the motivation and drive high!

The run wasn't as bad as I was expecting at all...it was actually a really great one! We kept and a pace per mile of 10 minutes and 29 seconds which is great because I wanted to be under 10:30 per mile!! I finished the race in 31:51 and Tim finished in 31:56! I paced Tim the whole race which was nice for me because then I didn't feel like I had to keep up with him! =) These times are both PR's for us by almost 3 minutes!!!

The last lag of the race when you are running past everyone before the finish line....I don't know what came over me but I kicked it down and booked it to the finish line! I don't know where that extra energy came from but it was awesome!!! I am so proud of myself and my husband! I am also glad that we were able to run the race together!!






No comments:

Post a Comment