Monday, July 29, 2013

A 7 MILE RUN!!! HOT DAMN!

So I went out yesterday morning, July 28th, with a mapped out run of 7 miles, thinking, I GOT THIS!! If I can run 6 miles, which I did 2 days before, I can do 7 miles...another mile that will be easy!

I DID IT! My legs were tired from running daily for awhile now but I pushed through it and just kept telling myself that I could do 7 miles. I hit the half way point and knew I could finish it no problem. Not only did I finish it but I am so proud of my pace per mile, 10:40! That's awesome!!! Not to far off from my normal pace for my runs of 2+ miles!

My splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:41
Mile 2 - 10:21 (best mile)
Mile 3 - 10:39
Mile 4 - 10:47
Mile 5 - 10:57
Mile 6 - 10:41
Mile 7 - 10:32

Very consistant that is for sure!!

I cannot be more proud of how far I have coming with running in less than 2 months. Never did I think that I could run 2 miles without having to walk, but now I've ran 7 miles!! My goal for next week - run 8 miles! I would love to try and increase my mileage 1 day per week by at least one mile!!

I have also been on my run streak for 21 days now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment