Monday, July 1, 2013

I did it!! My first practice 5K run was a success!

Well I can proudly say that this morning I crawled out of bed after not getting much sleep due to a restless 4 year old and went for a run! I decided that I was going to attempt to run a 5K this morning to practice for my race on Thursday....well, I did it!! I completed my 5K. I can't believe it, I am very proud of myself.

My final time was 34 minutes and 13 seconds for 3.11 miles. My average pace per minute was 11:01 which I think is pretty darn good! I'm hoping to run my race with an average of 10 minutes 30 seconds, but either way I will be happy with my time!

It was a beautiful morning for a run as well, was in the mid 50's. Couldn't have asked for a better run this morning! I got home and everyone was laying in my bed, the hubby was still asleep, Tristan went back to sleep and Ethan was playing games. Needless to say I wanted them to all get out of bed because up was ready to get on with the day after the great run I had!! So blessed to have my ankles feeling better and to know that I can run the 5K without pain during the race...I was a little sore right when I stopped running, iced when I got home and took some Aleve. Feeling great now!!

Pre-run Photo

Post-run Photo

Me just being weird a couple of days ago showing off my new Bondi-Band. I love them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment