Sunday, July 14, 2013

MidSummer Night's Trail Run

Well last night was the MidSummer Night's Trail Run in Hastings. A 4 mile trail run at 9:04pm. It got dark out fast, my headlamp which I had around my waist was not much help at all...the course, that's a whole other story right there. I was not expecting all the hills. WOW!!! It was hill after hill after hill....going up, never seemed like we went down!


I started out towards the front which was a big mistake, should have listened to Tim when he suggested that we move back more...but I'm stubborn! My initial pace when we started out was in the mid 8 minutes for a mile, which was way too fast for me and I paid for it the rest of the race. With the weather, it being like the hottest day of the year so far, and then the trail it was a rough race!

It took me about 6 minutes longer than I wanted to finish the race but I did finish strong and paced the other 4 people that were running by me when we got towards the finish line...that felt good! My final time came in at 47 minutes 33 seconds for the 4 miles which gave me an average pace of 12:23 seconds per mile. Probably my worst time for any run yet, but it is partially my fault!!


My hubby and I - I love this picture even though it looks like he is crying ;), the sun was just in his eyes! 


The temperature in Holdrege at 3:30! 

No comments:

Post a Comment